I love chicken marsala. It’s easy to make but seems like one of those recipes that’s difficult or fancy. My hubby doesn’t like the taste of marjoram, and most recipes call for a hefty sprinkle of marjoram in the sauce. Solution? Poultry seasoning.
Jeanne’s Chicken Marsala Recipe
- One boneless chicken breast
- 1/4 of a stick of real butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon poultry seasoning
- 1 onion, diced and sliced fine
- 1 large can of mushroom stems and pieces
- 1/3 cup of marsala wine (do not substitute anything else!)
- 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Jeanne Grunert is a certified Virginia Master Gardener and the author of several gardening books. Her garden articles, photographs, and interviews have been featured in The Herb Companion, Virginia Gardener, and Cultivate, the magazine of the National Farm Bureau. She is the founder of The Christian Herbalists group and a popular local lecturer on culinary herbs and herbs for health, raised bed gardening, and horticulture therapy.