- 1 cup of cooked broccoli florets
- 1 cup of bow-tie pasta, cooked
- 1/4 cup of canned Great Northern beans or chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of rinsed and shredded Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- Sprinkle of shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese (optional), coarse salt and pepper to taste
Jeanne Grunert is a certified Virginia Master Gardener and the author of several gardening books. Her garden articles, photographs, and interviews have been featured in The Herb Companion, Virginia Gardener, and Cultivate, the magazine of the National Farm Bureau. She is the founder of The Christian Herbalists group and a popular local lecturer on culinary herbs and herbs for health, raised bed gardening, and horticulture therapy.
Lauren @ DC Healthy Bites
I love the idea of an A-Z challenge. You did well with B. Add Bibb lettuce and Blue cheese and that would have been one tongue twister of a name!
Michelle @ Find Your Balance
I’m pretty much in love with the story I just read in your bio, about leaving marketing and moving to a farm. High fives on that!
Oh Jeanne that looks really yummy. I am always on the lookout for some meatless meals. We aren’t vegetarians or vegans but I do like to have a few meatless meals each week. Thanks so much for sharing.
Yum. I might be weird but I love broccoli.
You guys made me laugh! Thank you for dropping by and leaving comments. I really appreciate it.